List

  • www.washspring2011.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mapping and Mapping Crit



















My mapping project was built around the ancient historical and cultural inspirations behind my artwork. I created sculptures of 3 of the ancient wonders of the world; the Colossus of Rhodes, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, and the Pyramids of Giza, as well as Stonehenge. I placed these sculptures on a stand in order of most influential/interesting to me to least.

Things talked about in the crit that i could have improved on was the paper pulling off of the cardboard where I slid it down the stand. However they liked the fact that it gives the illusion of a heavier piece when in actuality it is only made from wood, cardboard and styrofoam. Also in the critique Kathy pointed out to the class that i look like a young Van Gogh.

No comments:

Post a Comment